This forum is no longer in use. Please go to http://duskclan.com & re-register your account there, if you are currently a member.

See you there!

Who is Verified?

Verified

Who is Verified?

Post by Verified on Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:43 pm

Well, I've been apart of Dusk for around a week now but haven't really been all that vocal, so i thought it was about time i introduced myself.

If you've read my application you will already know a few things about me which i may cover again, sorry.

Well first of all i'm 21 years old. I live in Queensland, Australia.
    I am currently working full-time as a Qualified Chef at a local cafe, which i personally love (maybe because i do not work split shifts or nights which is somewhat rare for the hospitality industry)
    I started work in the hospitality industry when i was 15, starting my apprenticeship through school.
    Cooking has always been a passion of mine and although i still love what i do, i am now also at University studying for my Bachelor of Laws (via external study).
    As Law has always been one of those things i wanted to do but never thought i could do it (i guess i didn't have high hopes for myself).
    but late last year i just finally decided if it was something i wanted to do, now, whilst i'm still young, would be the ideal time to do so.
    My friend who is a local prosecutor was really supportive and pushed me to apply and kept my spirits high during the whole process.
    So since then I've been working and studying.

In my free time i of course, play runescape. But i'm also an active member of our local roller derby league as our second head NSO (Non Sporting Official,  we do all of the score keeping, penalty tracking & timing, jam timing and much much more) but within the month i will finally be strapping on some skates and eventually learning to Ref.
    A few of the roller derby people and i also meet up every other week to play board games (such nerds i know), primarily we play Settlers of Catan but also mix things up card games, Game of life and pretty much whatever anyone is willing to contribute to the games night (this even includes poorly scripted murder mystery nights haha)

I think that's enough for you to have an understanding of myself.
    Thanks!
    [TL/DR]:
    I'm a chef, studying law, like roller derby, play nerdy board games.
    ThatOneCloud

Re: Who is Verified?

Post by ThatOneCloud on Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:13 am

I read the Tl;dr section after the whole thing. Gf me.
    Anyways, sounds like an interesting change - going from a chef to a law career. I'm a bit envious of the cooking, I couldn't make anything to save my life. Just something I've always wanted to learn

Sentai

Post by Sentai on Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:20 am

You seem like a very interesting person! I liked reading this. I really hope we can talk more in the future.

João

Post by João on Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:35 am

Nice to have you aboard
    Rock

Post by Rock on Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:52 pm

As soon as I read nerdy board games in the tl;sr spoiler, I was expecting settlers. Fun game Very Happy 

Post by luuter on Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:00 am

I work as a part time chef while I do my culinary course, welcome to the clan!
    Sileanic

Post by Sileanic on Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:44 am

I dont work at all! Welcome to the clan

99 Fletching
    99 Mining
    99 Cooking

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:16 pm