This forum is no longer in use. Please go to http://duskclan.com & re-register your account there, if you are currently a member.

See you there!

Old School this summer!

Sentai

Old School this summer!

Post by Sentai on Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:16 pm

Mod Mat K wrote:April 25 2014
    To find out what's in store for you this summer, read today's developer blog here.

What do you guys think? Personally, I'm not too happy about the whole Bounty Hunter thing, so I hope that gets voted out, but overall I think all of this sounds quite positive!

themightpk

Re: Old School this summer!

Post by themightpk on Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:22 am

Bounty hunter is not what im worried about. Its the new skill that will make 07 not 07 at all
    ThatOneCloud

Post by ThatOneCloud on Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:28 am

The new skill could be neat, however. It's hard to say until we know what the options for it are. The new continent could definitely be cool.

The biggest concern I have with such large changes is that they're going to be very hard to balance, though.

Necrilia

Post by Necrilia on Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:34 am

The new skill is welcome. I dont PvP so i couldn't care less for bounty hunter.
    Looking forward to the new Quest. Cant wait for bank tabs, Achievement diarys or the clue scroll update.
    Overall, this looks promising.

All Powerful Admin

Post by All Powerful Admin on Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:36 am

I'm open to the new skill also. I'm a main/skiller and it has always been my play style hence that opinion. Bank tabs are also a big yippee.

Sentai

Post by Sentai on Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:37 am

I'm looking forward to the new skill, personally. I think it's kinda needed, as the current skills are quite limited.

Retro

Post by Retro on Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:05 am

I hope the new skill will be an ACTUAL skill, unlike Dungeoneering or Divination.

Jiklim

Post by Jiklim on Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:36 am

New Skill - I think i'm going against most here, but I don't think the game is ready yet for a new skill. I think there are better features that can be added into the game instead of adding a brand new skill, such as the upcoming bank tabs. If this is polled soon then I will vote no, but if it was polled sometime next year then I will most certainly vote yes assuming that the idea for the new skill is actually good.

Bounty Hunter - I wouldn't like this as an update as I personally feel there's no need for a Bounty Hunter. I've heard numerous people complain about the lack of different people fighting in PvP. If you want more people, then why introduce new content that will further divide the people that enjoy PvP? If this gets polled then I will be voting no.

Bank Tabs - Awesome update, finally i'll be able to have an organised bank and not have to suffer with such a mess any longer. Happy that these are being implemented.

Achievement Diaries & Clue Scroll update - Both good updates that will provide more content to the game. Karamja Gloves 3 are useful in many ways, so adding more diaries with more rewards will allow more small benefits to multiple areas in the game. With more clue scroll items, this will allow more cosmetics for those that enjoy creating outfits to wear.

Player Council - This is a good suggestion, but if handled incorrectly could become a great or bad addition. Hopefully this Player Council will have a variety of people from all different areas of the game, and not be populated with streamers and others who will use their popularity as an advantage. For example, I don't want people like Sparc Mac being part of the council just because he's a popular streamer, I feel there are people who are easily better than him.

Trading Solution - A poll for this was created today. Basically what people are after is a system similar to the Grand Exchange. Although having a central area for all trading is convenient for the player, this also eliminates any player interaction which is an aspect of trading that people like. Also, the prices can be manipulated by clans, meaning that items could change in price dramatically which allows merchanting to take place much more easily. Also for those that try and flip items, I think that a tax should be added so that they make less money just by flipping items all day. Personally, i'm not too fussed about have a system similar to Grand Exchange, as I will no longer need to rely on another website to find people to buy or sell my items with, and I can also go and add or modify offers I have, and then complete these offers whilst not being present in the area, which is more convenient for someone who skills a lot like I do. I will be able to buy resources for skills much easier with the new system.

These are my own opinions on the devblog. Overall i'd have to say the upcoming next months for OSRS looks good to me, and I will enjoy some of these updates a lot. A organised bank and a more convenient method of buying skilling supplies for buyable skills is definitely something I will love.

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:45 pm

I liked your layout Jiklim, I'm totally stealing it Very Happy, you may sue me for a party hat when you are ready Wink

New skill - If done correctly it could be a great addition into the game, I think that a new skill is definately needed as I would like to see osrs evolve in such a way as it becomes its own game, a new game, which I believe will bring more traffic into the game and enhance our gaming experience! But I definately agree with Jiklim in that the introduction of the new skill is a bit premature at the moment, but, in responce to your voting "no" on it, it will probably take them a minimum of 2-3 months to build it, and the dev blog already states they're prioritising what the players want, so I'd encourage you not to vote no, but to give it a chance, who knows, it could even be a year before they introduce it!

Bounty Hunter - This made me laugh Razz I never even played it back in the day so.. I really don't know what I'm missing why people hate it >_< I liked the clan wars idea though Razz

Bank Tabs - I would say yes please, I love you Jagex, but you've taken SO SO long doing it, that instead I'm going to say: "it's about time Jamflex"

Achievement Diaries & Clue Scrolls - I feel like if they introduce the new achievement diaries I'm gonna wish I had done the original one Razz but yeah, they've already for "more coming soon.." in the achievement box so in my opinion it's not up for discussion, deliver what is promise jamflex!! Also Liking the new clue items idea, but nothing to OP... would be nice to have a super rare animated cape that is not firecape maybe? Make it look good and you may win back my GFX respect after your MS paint dragon pickaxe haha

Player Council - Crash 4 president?

Trading Solution - Shamelessly self-advertising my thread: http://www.dusk-rs.com/t27-my-new-trading-system-idea

It will definately be an interesting summer! You may now sue when ready Jiklim Very Happy

PS. when I was writing this I nearly called you Jebrim, then read my text and was like ":O since when did we let Jeb into the clan >_<"

Vespian Doom

Post by Vespian Doom on Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:38 pm

The new skill is a wanted addition in my opinion, my main and only concern lies with the Player Council, as some have mentioned above, it's bound to be a popularity contest waiting to happen.. and I feel that might be a downfall on OSRS, I will most certainly voting no on that.
     I'm not too bothered by Bounty Hunter seeing as I FAIL with an extra capital F at PK'ing.
    I know we all want bank tabs :p

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:18 pm